40th Annual Pig Cookin’ April 6 & 7, 2018
The USA’s Largest All Volunteer, Non-Profit, Whole Hog BBQ Pig Cookin’, invites you to join us for two days of food, fun and springtime celebrations!
Mayor Garner was one of the first to help get the Newport Pig Cookin Contest going . It started as a fund raiser for the Newport Developmental Center to raise money for needs they had at the time. 40 years later the Pig Cookin has grown into the Largest all Volunteer Non-Profit Pig Cookin in the USA. Up to this year we have given 953,000,00 dollars back to the various non-profit organizations. Newport Pig Cookin will dedicate our 2018 Contest to Mayor Derryl Garner for all the work and dedication he has shown all these years. We thank Mayor Garner and will never forget all of your efforts .
- Free Admission and Free Parking
- Barbecue Plates only $7.00
- Bulk Pork when available sold for $7.00 per pound
- Serving begins Saturday at 11:00 am
- Concession Stands
- Bake Sales
- Funnel Cakes
- Live Music
- Souvenirs and so much more!
- Cooks/Pig Sponsor With the new Fire Code in 2017 Newport Pig Cooking is limited to 65 Cooks. The applications for participation will be based on first come.
- Arts & Crafts Form & Rules
- King & Queen Application
Please note the following:
- No Pets
- No Concealed Weapons
- No Alcoholic Beverages Allowed
See you there!